PARENTS ACHIEVING WITH STUDENTS
The "P.A.W.S. Workshop" series workshop topics cover areas of parent-child communication and establishing parental rules and expectations. Video, practice, and discussion will be part of the workshops. Spanish translators will be provided as needed. These workshops will be presented by our Teacher on Special Assignment Rebecca Hernandez. Please view our monthly calendar below for upcoming events.
Not too many kids get happy and excited when it comes to homework. One of the things you can do in the beginning of the school year is set some basic ground rules on how and when homework is to be done. Learn several strategies you can try to make homework a more pleasurable experience for you and your student.
Join us as we help prepare you for your upcoming parent teacher conference. Get informed on what questions to ask and become knowledgeable on what data will be presented to you at your conference. A parent-teacher conference is a great opportunity to:
- share academic progress, growth, and concerns.
- become better informed about students' strengths, needs, behaviors, and learning styles
- discuss enrichment or intervention strategies to support your students' learning.
Monte Vista school site council is a group of teachers, parents, classified employees, and students (at the high school level) that works with the principal to develop, review and evaluate school improvement programs and school budgets. The members of the site council are generally elected by their peers. For example, parents elect the parent representatives and teachers elect teachers.
- The ELAC shall be responsible for advising the principal and staff on programs and services for English learners and the School Site Council on the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
- The ELAC shall assist the school in the development of:
- The school's needs assessment.
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
OUR PTA OBJECTIVES
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, and community
- To raise the standards of home life
- To inform parents oflegislative issues relating to the care and protection of children and youth
- To partner with teachers to make learning fun and to promote united efforts to secure for children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, and social education
- To promote safety and drug-free awareness
OUR UNIT GOALS
- To strengthen communication between home, school, and each other
- To promote parent and family participation in school activities
- To recognize student achievement and service through student incentives
GENERAL PTA INFO
Monte Vista PTA
1615 Eldred Avenue
West Covina, CA 91790
Phone: (626) 939-4830
West Covina Council PTA
1717 W. Merced Avenue
West Covina, CA 91790
First District PTA
1327 S. San Gabriel Blvd.
San Gabriel, CA 91775
CA State PTA
930 S. Georgia Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
330 N. Wabash, Ste. 2100
Chicago, IL 60611
Welcome to the Monte Vista PTA home page! The PTA Board wishes to thank our community for its active participation! The 2018-2019 school year promises to be an exciting period in you and your child's life.
May this forum serve as an effective tool in informing and inviting you to school events, networking with one another, and as a scrapbook of memories throughout this school year.
We look forward to your continued involvement. Feel free to contact any one of us for questions and suggestions.